1. What’s your name & age? Patrice-Alain François, 30 years old, or something like that
2. Were you raised in a religious house hold? Yes, my parents were catholic
3. How long have you been homeless? 8, 9 months. I don't really keep count.
4. Do you have any siblings or close relatives? I have one brother, Pierre-Olivier and one sister, Patricia. We aren't close. I mean, Pierre-Olivier came here once or twice to visit. He works at Mcgill so its close
5. What area do you prefer to stay in? Close from the bell center.
6. What is the general response you get from people regarding your appearance? People try to avoid eye contact with me. I don't look at them either.
7. Are you religious? I think so
8. How did you become homeless? When I came to Canada my family didn't have much money. As a kid I had this crazy idea to steal from people to get some more money. But it went too far and I got involved in bigger crimes, my parents didn't want me at home anymore so I ended up in the streets.
9. Do you visit any programs to help the homeless? If so do they help? That socialist shit? No. I was born alone, I will suffer alone and I will die alone. No one should take care of me like I'm a puppy. I did this to myself, no one should go out of their way for me
10. Do you have any plans for the future? Yes, I want to become a better person. I want to live the full consequences of my acts and maybe help people in the same situation.