Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This is my favorite person. His name is Sky. He's trans-male. I've known him since he was a girl. He is an incredible person. He's nice patient, perserverant and very loving. I interviewed him the 15th of November 2013. After the interview I took him to the movies and then we went grocery shopping and I got him a sweater. He's been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic coupled manic depression. This is his story 

1. What’s your name & age? Sky Angali kaur 17 years old


2. Were you raised in a religious house hold? (laugh) ohhh yes. Oh my god yes 


3. How long have you been homeless? Uhhh .. sh*t like… almost 2 years now



4. Do you have any siblings or close relatives? If so, what is your relationship with them like?
I have 5 sisters. None who talk to me though



5. What area do you prefer to stay in? And Why? I like westmount and NDG. No one bothers me and I don’t have to speak a lot of French. Im not good at French. (laugh) I hate that shit


6. What is the general response you get from people regarding your appearance?  
People think theyre better than me. They right. They are. When I look like this… everyones better than me



7. Are you religious? No 



8. How did you become homeless? When I was 13 I told my parents that I think I might be trans. they kicked me out before I can finish my sentence. I dropped out of school. I tried to get a job but like no one will hire you if youre like me… I gave up. I got really sad. I tried to suicide myself 18 times. Obviously im still here so I failed. 




9. Do you visit any programs to help the homeless? If so do they help?  I don’t want help. No one wants to really help me Sky, can I at least give you the names and addresses of some programs? They can help, I promise. Nothing can help. I don’t have anything. I don’t have any idea what my life is. It’s nothing, I don’t want no one to help 




10. Do you have any plans for the future? My plan is to stop talking then sleep here and then wake up, and sit over there (pointing)  for a minute and sleep down there (pointing) 


No comments:

Post a Comment