Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I interviewed this girl the 15th of November 2013. She's actually a friend of a friend. I could tell by the way she spoke that she was very enthusiastic to tell me her story. I think she always wanted to talk about her life but never got the opportunity to do so. I gave her sandwich, coffee, two water bottles and and a big crew neck. She attended high school until sec 3.  Here's her voice 

*Warning she was really graphic with some of her answers and told me a couple stories that i'll most likely upload later


1. What’s your name & age? Ana Wesley, 18


2. Were you raised in a religious house hold?  I don’t know. My mom was always strict, I think that maybe yeah.. she might was mean because of God. I never talked then.


3. How long have you been homeless?  Ive been on and off the streets since I was 10 but ive been living here ever since I was 15


4. Do you have any siblings or close relatives? I have two half brothers and a baby sister. I think her name is maria I never met her


5. What area do you prefer to stay in? I stay away from downtown. Im at terminus’ Angrignon, Cote vertu,  any places like that. Downtown is dangerous. Im not big enough to defend myself. They’ll come at you at night.. they wont stop. Here, you blink an eye, BAM youre raped, youre killed youre hurt. And cops don’t do shit about fuck. Ive been to the police office 4 times, if you homeless, they don’t care


6. What is the general response you get from people regarding your appearance?  No one looks at me in the first place. Im ugly, im fat, im dirty, im stupid. No one ever looks down to me. Im on the ground all the time begging, they never look..


7. Are you religious?  I don’t understand. Do you believe in God? I stopped. I use to but aint no God going to hold your hand when youre being raped, you know.


8. How did you become homeless?  I was coming back from school one day and these boys... they were following me. I turned around to talk to them since they were in my class and then one spit in my face. They took turns beating me up. They were big big kids, you know. And I couldn’t.. I couldn’t do anything. I just took it.  I had got pregnant. And I couldn't keep.. I didn't know what to do. My mom got me pills for the day after or some sh*t like that I don’t know.. but she said as long as I was doing this kind out shit she didn't have space in her house for me.


9. Do you visit any programs to help the homeless? If so do they help? They gave me food but they don't let you stay anyless you have priority. They don’t f*cking care about anything… what like how f*cked up do I have to be to get in, you feel? Its f*cked up.


10. Do you have any plans for the future? No



No comments:

Post a Comment